A large number of homeowners think that because they have an efficient air conditioning system installed in their homes, that is all they need. The talk of whole house fans is of those who have cooling problems and need to supplement the air conditioning. That is a fallacy. A whole house fan can work as a standalone unit to cool and ventilate a house but it can also function as a complement to air conditioning, increasing its efficiency, producing faster cooling and lower electricity bills. Here are the facts about whole house fans:
- A whole house fan is installed in the attic. It draws the hot stale air from the rest of the house to the top of the building and then sends it outside and replaces it with fresh cooler air that is drawn into the home through windows and other ventilation openings.
- When an air conditioning system starts working, it must first deal with the accumulated heat and stale air in the house before any real cooling can take place. Whole house fans dramatically reduce the time that is required for this and the effects of the air conditioning can be felt much sooner.
- The reduced load on the air conditioning system means that it does not have to work so hard and so it consumes less power, resulting in lower utility bills.
- In many cases, the fan is so effective in ventilating and cooling the house that the running of the air conditioning system is significantly reduced or even eliminated altogether.
- Whole house fans are not just for the summer months. In winter stale air often gets sealed in the house. This air is full of impurities that can be bad for your family’s health. A whole house fan will keep the air indoors clean and fresh, summer or winter.
- The stale air that accumulates in the house is unhealthy and often full of germs and pathogens. Whole house fans will quickly expel this stale air and by doing so, make the home a healthier place.
Do Not Compromise
You have one home and it deserves the best. A cheap fan from a company whose antecedents are unknown will never be able to provide your family with the benefits in terms of cooling, ventilation and health benefits that a fan from a world class manufacturer can. In addition, any notional savings will soon be lost as low quality fans consume more power and have a much shorter lifespan, making frequent replacement a common problem. A whole house fan from a reputed manufacturer, installed by an authorized dealer gives you the promise of years of trouble free use and no installation problems.Because of the health and financial benefits they offer, whole house fans are rapidly gaining in popularity as the best way to cool and ventilate a home. Beware of one-size-fits-all fans. To ensure optimum ventilation and power consumption, the fan has to be the right size for the house. Look for a manufacturer that offers a range of fans so that you can get the one that is right for your home.